Social Media is the buzz word at the moment. Everyone in business is throwing it around and if you’re in marketing like me, it’s almost used by the hour!
Let me take you back about a decade when it became rather apparent to most businesses that having a presence online was no longer an option. We are now in the midst of the same idea about social media. If you have no presence on any social media platform you are gravely missing out. There has been copious amounts of research to show that 92% of consumers will buy from someone their friends have recommended, have come to know and trust then from viewing an ad. I think that says it all.
Before you go and jump on the bandwagon it is best to think about who you are trying to target. There are so many social media platforms that you should consider, which is appropriate for your business and where is your target market hanging out? I believe it’s wise to first sit and watch. Join LinkedIn, create a Business Facebook Page and all the other social media places you want, but first watch, listen and ponder what is going on. You will quickly learn what platform is best for you and your business.
Now it’s time to start developing your business on your chosen platform/s. Here are some ideas:-
- Develop a plan and strategies that will get you more leads, clients and profits.
- All your social media activities need to be integrated with your website, landing pages and other social media platforms.
- Don’t bombard with a sell, sell, sell approach. Make sure you add value, are engaging and build a relationship with your likers and followers.
- Use video, articles and pictures. Mix up how you deliver your messages.
- Experiment with the times you post, you have a mix of people checking their social media from 7 am – 9 am, they may check in at lunchtime again and lastly at night between 8 pm – 11pm.
I hope to connect with you all via social media, I’m most on Facebook and LinkedIn.
Share the knowledge